There’s one word on everyone’s lips at the moment that’s impossible to escape – Coronavirus. You might have heard your parents talk about it at home or maybe other kids mention it at school but what actually is Coronavirus and should you be worried?
|Ahmadi Muslims are already serving those struggling with Coronavirus|
Coronavirus is a new disease which doctors haven’t seen before and that means they don’t know a lot about it. The symptoms are similar to the ones you get when you have a cold or a flu, like a high temperature or a cough. And like the flu, Coronavirus is contagious, which means you can pass it on to the people around you.
Most people recover from Coronavirus and some people won’t even know that they’ve had it. Because it’s a new disease, doctors still don’t know how to properly treat the illness and so there isn’t yet a cure for it but experts around the world are trying their best to try and find a solution.
But there’s good news – you too can help the fight against the Coronavirus from your very own home. Here are some dos and don’ts:
– Regularly wash your hands using soap and water for 20 seconds, making sure to scrub your palms, fingers and the back of your hands. Washing your hands is the single biggest thing that you can do to help make sure that Coronavirus doesn’t spread to other people, as being clean helps stop it from being passed on
– Stay at home as much as you can, as this will also help prevent Coronavirus from spreading between people. You can still play with your brothers and sisters, go in your garden or even go outside with your parents but it’s important you keep a distance from people that you don’t live with
– Pray to Allah for His help, as He listens to our prayers and is our Protector from all sorts of troubles and difficulties. Also, write letters to Huzoor for prayers as often as you can – now you’re at home, you’ll have a lot more time on your hands!
– Get overly anxious about Coronavirus. It’s natural for everyone, children and adults, to be worried at a time like this but by taking the steps above, you’ll be doing your part to help stop the spread of Coronavirus.
– Sit in front of the TV all day! It’s easy to just spend time watching your favourite programmes or go on the Internet but think of this as a chance to do new and exciting things. There are plenty of tutorials online that you could follow, from learning how to do Origami, to baking at home – try and use your time creatively!
– Just eat junk food! Now that you’re at home, it’s easy to end up eating a lot of rubbish food without even knowing it. Eating healthily doesn’t have to be boring, you can make tasty dishes at home using fresh ingredients and without even having to switch on the cooker! Follow online videos that show you how to create appetising recipes easily. By eating plenty of nutritious food, you’re taking another step in making sure you stay healthy.
It’s natural to be worried when it comes to something new and unknown like Coronavirus but it’s also important to remember that Allah the Almighty is there to protect us and keep us safe. We all need to do our bit in helping stop the spread of Coronavirus and then leave the rest to God.